As you get ready to count down to the New Year, we’re taking a look back at some of our best moments from 2012. Cue: DoSomething highlight reel.
1. Teens for Jeans : Over 1 million pairs were collected for homeless teens!
2. Green Your School: Thousands of students (over 141,000 to be exact) helped make their schools more eco-friendly.
3. Epic Book Drive: 28,000 young people helped collect books for low income families.
4. Prom for All: 6,025 girls got to go to prom this year, thanks to the dresses we received from you guys.
5. Battle for the Bands: You guys rocked out in the name of music education. And these guys ("Point to Infinity") were selected to play at Lollapalooza. Baller!
6. Thumb Wars: 60,000 thumb socks. 30,000 people not texting and driving.
7. I <3 Dad: 1,086 dads took the pressure off and got their hearts checked.
8. The Hunt: Over 5,000 teams across the country took part in 31 challenges for our 11 days of doing.
9. Staples for Students: 73,305 of you helped collect school supplies for students in need.
10. Do Something Awards: We honored 5 amazeballs young people for the work they're doing. And Katia Gomez (the grand prize winner) was awarded $100,000 for her project.
11. Give A Spit: You guys are gettin' swabbed and saving lives. And all it took was some of your spit. Sweet.
12. Pics for Pets: You snapped their pictures, shared them with your friends, and got over 160 animals adopted. Love.
13. NYC Boot Camp: Young community leaders came together for a day of networking and training. It was an awesome day of idea sharing.
14. 50 Cans: You guys are rock stars. Why? Because you took our 50 can challenge and collected OVER 1 million cans.
15. Grandparents Gone Wired: We're getting seniors wired. They're learning basic computer skills, Facebook, and Skype. Woot!