A different international charity that works directly with children is chosen in a different part of the world each year. Various charities all over the world are researched and the committee discusses each potential recipient based on the following criterion:
• the location has not been chosen in the past
• is located outside of the United States
• helps to benefit children (example – orphanage)
• the donation will have a positive and noticeable impact
• the charity should be represented by a small organization in need of help
• The charity should not currently be receiving funding from a larger organization, such as American Red Cross, Peace Corp., etc
Once the criterion is met the charity must be brought to the committee and voted on by committee members. The charity with majority votes and/or most support shall be chosen.