Promote energy, water, waste conservation to high school students. Hoping to suggest recycle, environment impact of throwing away food, bring understanding about impacts of eating meat, turning off lights.
Plan of Action
A week of environmental-theme days:
- Meatless Monday (participants wear a cow pin)
- Turn it Off Tuesday (participants wear a lightbulb pin)
- Waste Less Wednesday / Nature Hike during lunch (volunteer teachers)
- Pick Up Trash Thursday (students participate in after-school trash pickup in local park)
- School-wide picnic and live music (provided by students) in courtyard during lunch/Movie Friday (Wall-E movie plays during study halls)
Walk/Bike/Carpool to School all week!