- There are NO pesticides, growth hormones, fertilizers, or toxic artificial additives like flavoring, coloring or preservatives used in organic gardening.
- Organic gardening can save you up to $2,000 per year depending on the amount of fruits and vegetables grown.
- Tomatoes 158 lbs. = $630
- Potatoes 142 lbs. = $211
- Salad Greens 26 lbs. = $198
- Zucchini 72 lbs. = $136
- Strawberries 35 lbs. = $104
- Onions 54 lbs. = $81
- You will consume 100 percent of the nutrients from the fruits and vegetables when grown organically. Nutritional value is lost when pesticides are sprayed onto foods.
- Eating organic food from the garden will decrease your rick of diseases such as:
- Adult and child cancers
- Autoimmune disorders
- Asthma and allergies
- Organic gardeners use certified organic seeds, most of which are heirloom cultivars. These heirloom seeds promote biodiversity in our food supply.
Here  is a list of fruits and vegetables that should always be eaten organic because of the amounts of pesticides the USDA has found on them.
Create a healthy cookbook. GO 
- Angela Ciroalo is a New Jersey writer, who is obsessed with healthy eating and helping others. Her favorite cause is Homelessness and Poverty because she believes it is often overlooked.