1 in 3 homeless people in the United States are under 18 years old. To help these teens out, you can collect and donate jeans at any Aéropostale store during the annual Teens for Jeans campaign. Here’s what you need to get started...
- Find a place to collect the jeans. Try a high traffic area like the lunchroom or commons.
- Promote your drive. Download materials to get your drive started. Also use online networks, send out mass texts, and poster the school.
- Schedule staff. Make sure you've got someone collecting before and after school during the dates you've set.
- Drop off your collection at any Aéropostale store in the US between Jan 16 and Feb 12. We'll get the jeans to the teens from there.
- Submit pictures of your drive at TeensforJeans.com. Your picture could be featured on the DoSomething.org homepage.
- Don't collect jeans that are ripped or damaged. If you wouldn't wear them, another teen shouldn't have to.
- Host a donation fashion show. People can model the jeans that will help cloth a homeless teen.
- Make jeans an entrance fee. Use jeans donations instead of money as the ticket price for a school sporting event.
- Have a contest. Which grade level can bring in the most donations?
- Don't forget - when you donate your jeans, Aéropostale will give you an additional 25% off your next pair of jeans.