Volunteer to Help Animals
Animals need your help. Volunteer to campaign for animal welfare and rights, wildlife conservation and protections against pet abuse. Join millions of young people that care by signing up for for a campaign below to save wildlife and help stop animal cruelty.
DoSomething.org run dozens of campaigns each year that help animals. Want to clean trash before it becomes litter on beaches and in the ocean? You can with Sea Turtle Street Sweep. Increase pet adoption and save shelter animals with Shelter Pet PR. You can even volunteer your birthday to collect supplies for animals in need by joining Party Animal.
Whatever your passion, whether its protecting dogs, saving cats, helping endangered animals or saving wildlife, we have you covered.
Sign up now. Join millions of young people volunteering to make a difference.
Facts About Animals
- Over 100 million animals are burned, crippled, poisoned, and abused in US labs every year. 1
- Up to 90% of animals used in U.S. labs are not counted in the official statistics of animals tested. 2
- 3 to 4 million dogs and cats are killed every year because shelters are too full and there aren’t enough adoptive homes. 3
- "In January 2013, the Fish and Wildlife Services reported 2,054 species worldwide that are endangered or threatened. 1,436 exist in the US alone. (1647)" 4
- It’s impossible to determine how many stray dogs and cats live in the U.S. Estimates for cats alone range up to 70 million. 5
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals "Top Five Shocking Animal Experimentation Facts." Web Accessed February 9, 2014.
"About Animal Testing." HumaneSocietyInternational.org. Accessed February 9, 2014, http://www.hsi.org/campaigns/end_animal_testing/qa/about.html.
"Pet Statistics." ASPCA. Accessed March 30, 2014.
Department of the Interior. "40 Years of Conserving Endangered Species." U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. Accessed April 16, 2014.
"Pet Statistics." ASPCA. Accessed March 30, 2014."
What You Get
Psh, what DON’T you get? Each campaign offers the key facts, pro tips, and four easy action steps you need to rock the campaign and make an impact.
- Step 1, Know It: You get stats on the problem and how you’re going to solve it.
- Step 2, Plan It: You’ll learn the stuff you need, how to recruit others to take action with you, and how to prep to take action.
- Step 3, Do It: You’ll learn how to actually do the darn thing and make the biggest impact possible.
- Step 4, Prove It: Snap a pic of you in action and upload it! Each campaign counts as volunteer experience for your resume. And you can enter to win scholarships! Speaking of…
Scholarships and Contests
You make the world suck less for others. Great! So what’s in it for you? Money. Lots and lots of money. (For school.) Complete any campaign on the site, send a pic in the Prove It section, and you’ll enter to win a $10,000 scholarship! We award one of these seasonal scholarships four times a year. And, lots of other campaigns offer their own scholarship opps. Mad chances to win mad money.
DoSomething.org makes the world suck less. One of the largest orgs for young people and social change, our millions of members tackle campaigns that impact every cause, from poverty to violence to the environment to literally everything else. Any cause, anytime, anywhere. *mic drop